[AWIS Chicago Listserve] Career development seminar and events from AWIS partners

AWIS Chicago Communications awiscommunications at gmail.com
Tue May 3 08:30:59 CDT 2011

In this issue: AWIS-hosted Career development Seminar, AWIS wants your help,
Partner events.
**

**

**

*SAVE THE DATE*

*"Ten Ways to Get Lucky in the Job Search"*

**

Presented by Philip Clifford and John Lombardo, Medical College of Wisconsin

Thursday May 12, 2011

Maple conference room, ITEC building, 1801 Maple Ave Evanston 60201

6-8pm

Cost - $5 for AWIS members, $10 for non-members

Register at: http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=219353

*Tech-savvy?  AWIS wants your help
*
**
For those of you that have registered for our events, you'll notice we use a
third party website for registration.  To keep costs of future events down,
we are hoping to integrate a payment site into our own website - if you are
skilled in website design and would be willing to help, please contact
communications at awis-chicago.org
**
*

*
*May Scientist of the Month: Dr. Julie Kim
*

Beth Sefton interviewed her PhD advisor Dr. Julie Kim to learn what inspires
her in science and how she juggles her career and family obligations.  Read
about it here:
http://www.awis-chicago.org/community/may-2011-scientist-of-the-month-julie-kim

*Upcoming events from AWIS partners
*

Project Exploration is hosting a community breakfast and discussion
"Closing the Gap in Science Achievement: Lessons Learned from 10 years of
Changing the Face of Science"