[AWIS Chicago Listserve] Book Club: Lean In on November 7th!

AWIS Chicago Communications awiscommunications at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 08:38:10 CDT 2013

Join WIB-Chicago and AWIS for what promises to be a fun evening of lively
discussion about “Lean In – Women, Work, and the Will to Lead” by Sheryl
Sandberg and the skills needed to turn women into leaders. As women in
leadership, there are many truths and challenges that are often not spoken
in the board room, the staff meetings or amongst coworkers and friends.
These truths (or at times urban legends) can make the road to leadership a
steeper climb if we don’t understand them, embrace them and mentor one
another. Join the conversation about balancing a role in leadership and a
personal life, the way we perceive ourselves and others, and how this
impacts our personal view of success.

You bring the book, and we’ll start the discussion.  Haven’t read the book?
  Come anyway to share your experiences and meet other dynamic women in the
local life science community.

* ** *

November 7, 2013

5:30 p.m. CDT (discussion starts at 6:00 p.m.)

*The Rhythm Room <http://www.evanstonrhythmroom.com/>*

1715 Maple Ave*.*

Evanston IL 60202

*Free parking at Railroad Ave & University Place; Close to the Davis Metra
and L stops*

Register by date:  *November 6, 2013; Walk-in Registration Accepted*

*Cost for Reception*

Members: $5 (Students can join to be a member for $25)
Non-Members: $30

AWIS members who are not current WIB members can obtain a special discount
code by emailing: info at awis-chicago.org

* *
*Click here for more
information*<https://netforum.avectra.com/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=WIB&WebCode=EventDetail&evt_key=0521bc50-72ce-4e3b-8e21-2cbf41592cc5&msm=4b4fd794-8e6c-4dbc-8b20-ff60cf38c220&cst=d44883de-0cd5-4cc0-8428-23252e4f11fe&ent=91b58190-7406-434b-aafd-27255c8f233d>

--
Join us on Facebook and LinkedIn: keyword AWIS Chicago
http://www.awis-chicago.org/