[AWIS Chicago Listserve] Calling all engineers!

AWIS Chicago Communications awiscommunications at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:00:39 CST 2014

Girls4Science is looking for volunteers in mid-Jan. Please see their call
for volunteers below:

We'll be starting another 6-week session after the holidays in mid-Jan. Our
winter theme is "Engineering" so our activities/labs/trips will all center
on concepts related to Engineering.

If you have women who would like to serve as a mentor to the girls in our
program it would involve attending 2-3 (or more if desired) Saturday
programs in one of our 6-week sessions. The University of St. Frances
location is currently looking for more mentors; we do have two other
locations in Chicago as well where mentors could serve. The mentor would be
an extra set of hands, but more importantly can help facilitate/implement
STEM-related activities and address STEM-related questions that our girls
ask during the program. The mentor/s would also serve as a role model for
our girls, illustrating to them that attaining a career in STEM-field as a
woman is completely realistic.

Attached are application materials and more volunteer information.

Please forward completed applications to Jackie Lomax (
jlomax at girls4science.org) and Christine Moskalik (cmoskalik at stfrancis.edu)
by *12/12/14 (tomorrow).* Future opportunities may also be available so
keep an eye out!

--
Join us on Facebook and LinkedIn: keyword AWIS Chicago
http://www.awis-chicago.org/