[AWIS Chicago Listserve] Fwd: FW: Scientist Volunteer Opportunity to Disseminate ASAP

AWIS Chicago Communications awiscommunications at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 17:42:24 CDT 2014

Please see below and attached for a great outreach opportunity. All
scientists, including graduate students and postdocs, are invited to
participate.

 ---

Greetings!

Project Exploration (PE) is a nonprofit science education and youth
development organization that features personalized out-of-school-time
programs for students in grades 6-12 and...

*We need your help to change the face of science!*

Sisters4Science(S4S) is our program for middle school girls where they
explore science after school through hands-on experiments led by female
scientists.  Every week the students engage with a new scientist from the
Greater Chicago community.   This experience exposes girls to positive role
models and unique perspectives.

Project Exploration would like to invite you to join us as a guest
scientist!  We provide a $75.00 stipend, coaching and material
reimbursement (up to $30). Each classroom will have a STEM Facilitator to
assist you and to provide logistical support during your lesson.

*Interested???*

Sign up and tell us about yourself!

1.       Below is a link to a calendar with all open guest scientist
opportunities for fall and spring.  You are welcome to sign up for multiple
slots if you would like!

*Calendar Link:*

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=als0pruoavgb7kb702dsq11m5o%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

(Click on the link above to view available S4S programs, if they date is
unavailable, the event will say ‘Covered’.  Note there are opportunities
through May.)

2.       Once you have found some dates that work for you, please take a
few minutes to fill out the Google Form attached to inform us of your
availability and scientific background.

*Google Form:*

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14SEJGDV2z6ux7jvhWm4otyzCCD_IuKnRWvgom8fOfVE/viewform?usp=send_form

3.       Once we have received your information and Google Form responses,
Jaclyn, our program manager, will send a confirmation sheet and be
available for any questions about your lesson plan and logistics (contact
information below).

I have also attached Project Exploration’s ‘Scientist Toolkit’ to help
guide you in planning for your visit and help you understand what is
involved in creating a quality educational experience for our students and
participants!

 If you would like to see our past events and programs, our blog will
provide a look at other presentations going on in classrooms.

http://sisters4science.wordpress.com/

We look forward having you joining our program!

 *Jaclyn Carmichael, Program Manager*

*Project Exploration*

4511 S. Evans Avenue

Chicago, IL 60653

Work Phone:  312 – 273 – 4026

*“Changing the Face of Science”*

www.projectexploration.org

--
Join us on Facebook and LinkedIn: keyword AWIS Chicago
http://www.awis-chicago.org/